Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with ARES 126.96.36.199. Now available in the Microsoft Store. This release is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals.
- Smart User Notifications – Users will now be presented with smarter and more legible notifications/feedback of actions. I.e. when leaving a session, joining a session, initiating hosting etc.
- Improved Display Names – Instead of showing IP addresses in user lists/notifications, users are now presented with assigned usernames.
- Parent Selection – Bottom-Up Selection – When using smart selection, the highlight of the inherited parent will continue to jump up to the next parent. Allowing users to continuously jump up to the next parent from the bottom up.
- Smart Session Broadcasting – In the past, when joining a hosted session, the listing of the session would at times appear and disappear. This is no longer the case, and the listing remains persistent throughout the sessions active state.
- Object Deletion Order – Deleting an object in a Meeting session has at times caused the object order to shuffle for peers. This has been enhanced and now this feature maintains the correct order for objects for all connected users.
- Realtime Interaction – Jumping – While Meeting session interact in real-time, the information of object movement was not shared with all connected clients until the manual release of the object. This caused objects to jump or appear to teleport. This has now been resolved and users have a fluid movement experience throughout.
- Bounding Box Overhaul – The bounding box used to allow one-handed rotation of an object. This has caused some difficulties for users to maintain alignment of the selected object(s). We have separated this functionality from the bounding box and added a new Selection Tool allowing for free-hand rotation.
As part of our mission we continuously aim to improving ARES. And bugs are no exceptions. Based on feedback from users, partners and internal developers the following bugs have been squashed.
- Settings Menu Not Appearing – Users running multiple Microsoft Accounts on their HoloLens devices would experience an issue where the Menu/Settings Menu would be called/rendered twice. Resulting in inability to access the Menu all together. This has now been resolved.
- GUI – Thank you for your feedback on this. We’ve made numerous improvements to our graphical user interface to improve the overall user experience.
- Releasing a License – Users were experiencing an issue with releasing an assigned license from their local device. The ‘Release License’ button would either appear greyed out or not function. This has now been resolved.
- Licensing Portal Mailer – End-users would experience an issue with generated e-mails from our Licensing Portal. E-mails would be incorrectly marked as spam/quarantined as phishing. We’ve since changed our approach to sending mails. Nonetheless, we still strongly recommend adding @holo-light.com e-mails to your safe sender lists.
JT VERSIONS 9.X & 10.X
The importer is experiencing performance drops on UWP ARMx64. Due to this constraint we’ve opted to exclude this functionality from 0.9.3.0 to avoid a degraded user experience.