Once you've started ARES and loaded an object its time to re-align the hologram to your desired location. All you need is one of our magnetic Holo-QR Codes.
- Place QR Code on a desired location
Pro Tip: The angle in which you place the QR Code will affect the angle of the hologram after the re-alignment.
- Open the Main Menu
- You will see a QR Code Symbol "Tracking" below the lower bar of the Main Menu
- Tap the QR Code Button
- A red square will appear which you will have to navigate over the physical QR Code to scan
- You will see and an hear the scanning process
- Tap on the QR Code
- Once the scanning process is done a window will pop up asking you if you want to apply the scanned position to "App World" or "QR Code"
Pro Tip: By choosing "App World" the origin of the App World (normally the position of your head when you start the app) will be repositioned. By choosing "QR Code" you will have two options where you are able to align the hologram.
- Choose "QR Code" - a coordinate system will appear on the QR Code
- Open the File Menu and hover over the loaded file
- You will now see a button saying "Re-Align"
- Tap "Re-Align" and choose the desired location (QR Code or App World) to position the Hologram
- Your Hologram is now re-aligned
Pro Tip: How your CAD Model is designed will affect the re-alignment of your Hologram. Depending where the "origin" or "starting point" of your CAD Model is will determine where the Hologram will position itself in reference to the QR Code.