To be able to manipulate your CAD files in AR3S Basic (formerly known as ARES Basic), you first transfer them onto the HoloLens 2. And there are several methods to achieve this goal.
Note: If you need more information on the Windows Device Portal for the HoloLens 2, please refer to the official documentation offered by Microsoft.
Please refer to this guide for loading files in AR3S Basic.
The following file types are supported
- JT (8.x/ 9.x)
- FBX (support for animation with auto-play/loop)
- GLB (support for animation with auto-play/loop)
Transferring Data via USB/USB-C Cable
- Connect your HoloLens 2 to your PC with a compatible USB cable
- Access your File Explorer and your HoloLens device should be displayed
- Open your HoloLens folder and navigate to subfolder 3D Objects
- Drag and drop your desired objects from your PC to the aforementioned folder
- Once the transfer was successful, you should be able to load your model in the AR3S application
Transferring Data via Windows Device Portal
- This method makes use of your Wi-Fi
- Please ensure that your PC and HoloLens 2 are connected to the same network
- Access the Windows Device Portal and select menu point System on the side bar
- Navigate to the File Explorer and select subfolder 3D Objects
- Scroll down to the heading called Upload a file to this directory
- Select the desired file on your device and click on Upload
Heed this for Smooth Use
- To be able to use your own 3D models in AR3S Basic, you are required to have an active valid license
- If you are using AR3S Basic in demo mode, you can only access default demo files
- If you are interested in a license, please contact our Sales department via firstname.lastname@example.org