Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with AR3S (formerly known as ARES) 126.96.36.199. Now available on Microsoft Store. This release is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals as well as our product roadmap.
The 188.8.131.52 Update follows the first larger iterative version of AR3S. Its primary focus is the implementation of Content Creation features for performing Measurements. Improvements were done to the precision of the Stylus as well as to various Saving/Loading aspects.
IMPROVED – Fixed the issue that the app was not operable when no network adapter was found
As part of our mission we continuously aim to improving AR3S. And bugs are no exceptions. Based on feedback from users, partners and internal developers the following bugs have been squashed.
FIXED – Builds - Non-Development Build From Unity + Master Build in VS Makes Solvers Unusable
FIXED – IP Adress - No IP Address Found When AR3S Is Started Offline
Below you will find a list of known issues. These issues are defined as bugs, or at times missing features, that is known to the development team and are being actively investigated or developed.
- Application Instability w/ various versions of Stylus Toolkit – In some rare scenarios, the AR3S application may experience a crash when utilizing the stylus. This is dependent on the integrated version of the STK (Stylus Toolkit). Please insure that you're on the latest firmware version of the StylusXR and AR3S.
- Main Menu crashes and renders the app unusable – For unknown reasons, the Main Menu breaks in some instances and the user will be forced to reinstall AR3S.
- Scene is stuck when saving a space immediately after pressing delete all – When pressing the delete all button and quickly afterwards pressing the save space button, the saving process will be stuck at some point.
- License Management GUI does not display License Status correctly – License Initialization reads Invalid License on Startup even though Valid AccessToken was already loaded.
Measurement Cursor attached to Hand when using Stylus – If there is no focus on the Stylus in certain cases (Stylus Connection, placing an object with Tap-to-place, turning on the Measurement mod) then the Measurement Cursor is attached to the focused hand (in this case not the stylus hand).
- Main Menu breaks when clicking Real World Reference Button during Menu Close/Open Animation – Once the app registers a click on the “Toogle Real World Reference” button while the Main Menu Animation is running, the Main Menu cannot be operated anymore.
- Multi-User disconnects when manipulating a shared object – When manipulating an object while it is being (exported and) shared with another person in Multi-User, the connection is lost and cannot be recovered.
- User Experience must be revamped– Several Buttons are hard to press and the Far Interaction feels clunky at times. When using Far Interaction e.g. to rotate an object with the Rotation widget, the interaction feels blocked. Some placeholder texts have to be reworked for a more polished User Interface.
- User cannot interact with Stylus on Keyboard or Browser – The Stylus cannot interact with any GUI that is not part of the AR3S app. Those are, in fact, currently the web browser as well as (native) keyboards
Wrong Hand Used for Measurement Input Action – In some cases, users have to perform Air Taps for adding a measurement point with the hand that has no cursor attached to it. This happens, when the hand with the first initialized cursor is hidden and in consequence the cursor moves to the other hand – but inputs can still be executed only with the original hand.
- Main Menu Button cannot be pressed right after moving a Measurement – After creating a Measurement, the first click on the Main Menu appears to have no effect.
GLTF Importer - Import Process is Extremely Slow – The glTF Importer from the MRTK is very slow. Apparently, the import process does not make use of all available CPU cores. This could slow down the progress.
- Licensing QR Codes may be difficult to read – QR Codes without border are possibly not readable when displayed on a black surface. As the licensing website has set up a white background you can read the QR Code on the webpage without issues.
- Import Scale for objects saved as HLCAD is not correct – When saving non-HLCAD objects as HLCAD the difference in import scales is not taken into account.
- Interaction Input is possibly blocked by Scrollbar – Scrollbar blocks Near Interaction Touch, if the Poke Pointer is near to the scrollbar.
- QR Code Scanning Visual too small – When a user needs to activate the license via QR Code, the visual, which indicates how far a user needs to be away, so that the camera can identify the QR Code, is too small. Therefore the user needs to be closer than the visual is indicating. This can be confusing and lead to a situation where a user thinks the QR Code scanning does not work.
- Multi-User – Random Network Adapter – Starting a Multi-User Session on a PC as a host can result in the Networking Library taking a networking adapter by random, possibly a virtual adapter. These preinstalled virtual adapters have to be explicitly activated in Windows 10, proving as taxing for non tech-savvy users. We are currently on the lookout for a robust solution.
App Crash when importing many models during Stylus Auto-Connect – If the user imports one or several models while the auto-connect process of the Stylus is running, the app tends to crash (black-screen).
- An exception occurs when a Space is renamed/saved – An exception occurred while renaming a currently open space before saving it.
Proxy Server prevents communication with Licensing Server – When there is a Proxy server between the device using the AR3S licensing and the Licensing Server, communication does not work. Which direction is blocked/hindered or whether both, has to be investigated.