The Welcome Panel will appear as soon as you start the AR3S Basic (formerly known as ARES Basic) application and allows you to get straight to work. This way, models or spaces can be loaded directly and also the Meeting menu is only one click away.
The functions mentioned are of course also available outside the Welcome Panel and can be accessed at any time via the Main Menu during your AR3S Basic session.
Note: The features offered in the Welcome Panel differ in whether you launch the app with a valid license or in demo mode.
- Once you have started your HoloLens 2 and launched the AR3S Basic application
- Tap one of the features below to access them through the Welcome Panel
- Close the Welcome Panel by tapping on the X in the upper right corner
Features available in Demo Version
Import Demo File
- Imports a Demo File into your current AR3S Basic session
- The File Browser will appear and you can locate the desired file in it
- Allows you to license AR3S Basic with a valid QR Code
Features available in Full Version
Import 3D Model
- Lets the user import a 3D model into their current AR3S Basic session
- The File Browser will appear and the desired file can be selected
Load AR3S Space
- Lets the user load an already existing space into their current AR3S Basic session
- The File Browser will appear and and the desired space can be selected
Features available in both Demo and Full Version
- Opens the Meeting menu so that the user can start or join a meeting without further ado
Enable/Disable the Welcome Panel
- Click on the tick next to the text saying Show welcome panel at app start to enable or disable the Welcome Panel
- By default the Welcome Panel is set to enabled at app launch
- Pro tip: The Welcome Panel can also be enabled/disabled by going to Settings in the Main Menu and then clicking on the tick next to Show welcome panel at app start in Options -> General