Spaces are a feature of AR3S Basic (formerly known as ARES Basic) in which changes and manipulations to objects can be saved. The current state of the model may be accessed again at another time and further edits can be conducted without loss of progress.
Note: You are only able to make use of the AR3S space feature if you are working with an active valid license. It is not possible to create or load spaces in Demo mode. If you are interested in a license with Holo-Light, please contact our Sales Team via email@example.com.
Creating and Saving a new AR3S space
- Once you’ve started AR3S Basic access the Main Menu
- Navigate to Files and click on the Edit Space Name option in the upper right corner
- The virtual Keyboard will appear and you will be able to enter your preferred name for the space
- Import one or several files to your AR3S Basic workspace and manipulate them at your will
- As soon as you are done, go back to Files and click on the button reading Save Space
- Your current scene will be saved to your HoloLens 2 device and the successful creation of the space confirmed in a pop up window.
- Note: It is not necessary to use the New Space option to create a new space. As long as at least one object is loaded, a space can be created at any point in time.
Function of the New Space option
- If you select the New Space option in the Files menu, the current state of your AR3S Basic workspace will be deleted and you will get a 'clean slate'
- Only press Confirm in the pop-up window that appears if you are sure, as this cannot be undone
Loading an already existing AR3S space
- Once you’ve created a space in AR3S Basic , you can either...
- Next the File Browser will appear and you can search in your folder structures for the desired space
- Saved spaces should be located in root/knownfolders/3d objects/scene files
Heed this for Smooth Use
- If your space is not visible after the import, but is displayed in the Files menu as well as in the Hierarchy menu however, you will need to use the Realign Origin feature.