Spaces are a feature of Holo-Light's Augmented Reality Engineering Space in which changes and manipulations to objects can be saved. The current state of the model may be accessed again at another time and further edits can be conducted without loss of progress.
Creating and saving a Space
- Once you’ve started ARES
- Access the Main Menu and navigate to Files
- Look for the option New Space and click on the button
- Go to Edit Space Name in the top right next and enter a name for your Space
- Open a File and edit it at your will
- As soon as you are done, go back to menu point Files and click on the Save Space button
- The newly created Space will be saved to your HoloLens 2 Device and is ready to be accessed in your next ARES session
Loading a Space
- Once you’ve created a Space in ARES , you can either...
- ...launch the ARES app and choose Load ARES Space in the Welcome Panel
- ...or access the Main Menu, navigate to Files and then look for the option Load Space
- Next the File Browser will appear and you can search in your folder structures for the desired Space
Heed this for Smooth Use
- If your Space is not visible after the import, but is displayed in the Files Menu as well as in the Hierarchy Tree however, you will need to use the Realign feature