In order to be able to manipulate and edit objects and their individual parts, they must first be selected in the Hierarchy Tree. And there are different Selection modes for this within the Hierarchy menu.
- Once you’ve loaded a file in AR3S Basic (formerly known as ARES Basic)
- Access the Main Menu and navigate to Hierarchy
- At the top right underneath the Undo/Redo feature is a drop-down list from which you can choose the Selection mode
- By default, the Selection mode is set to Invert
- Click on the boxes in the Hierarchy to select or deselect the desired components in the previously set Selection mode
- Pro Tip: Other Selection modes can be found in the Left Hand Quick-Tools menu and in the Interaction menu.
The following Selection modes are available
- Any component that is not selected will be selected and vice versa
- All previous selections are made undone and only the chosen component is selected
- Any component that is not selected will be selected
- In comparison to Invert, selected components are not deselected
- Any component that is selected will be deselected
- In comparison to Invert, deselected components are not selected