Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with AR3S (farormerly known as ARES) 126.96.36.199. It was published in June 2021 and is now available on Microsoft Store. This release is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals as well as our product roadmap.
The 188.8.131.52 Update is the third larger iterative version of AR3S. Its primary focus are Object Import, Management as well as Interaction.
As part of our mission we continuously aim to improving AR3S. And bugs are no exceptions. Based on feedback from users, partners and internal developers the following bugs have been squashed.
FIXED – Launch - AR3S Pro shows a black screen after launching with hardware configuration
FIXED – Meta - In some cases, application log file is not created when working with AR3S Basic
FIXED – Import - Import of OBJ files cannot be completed in some cases
FIXED – Import - Animation does not automatically play for certain GLB files
FIXED – Import - Animation does not automatically play for certain FBX files
FIXED – Import - JT files saved as version 8.2 cannot be imported occasionally
FIXED – Import - Several objects are loaded with the X-Axis flipped when importing certain JT files
FIXED – Interaction - In the Menu Interaction -> Manipulation -> Move there is no 1mm option listed
FIXED – Interaction - Measure Units in Interaction -> Manipulation -> Move are now displayed as mm/ cm/ m instead of only meters
FIXED – Object Management - Objects are sometimes incorrectly realigned when the Application Origin point has been moved
FIXED – Object Management - Objects are incorrectly positioned in the Loading Cube if the Realign Origin feature has been used before the new object started loading
FIXED – Object Management - Loading Cube stays locked in the middle of the HoloLens display area, when loading certain files (even if the user turns his head)
FIXED – Object Management - Several object materials are incorrectly visualized for certain JT files
FIXED – Object Management - Load Object feature of Welcome Panel operates in Demo Mode despite having a valid license
Below you will find a list of known issues. These issues are defined as bugs, or at times missing features, that is known to the development team and are being actively investigated or developed.
- Some JT files are displayed with a broken geometry – Certain JT files cannot be loaded correctly as broken triangles can be observed in their geometry.
- Some FBX files consume all system memory during loading
- GLB as well as FBX animations do not work in Multi-User-Mode – If FBX or GLB files contain animations, they will not be played in autoplay mode during a Multi-User Session after import into AR3S.
- AR3S Pro Server Application does not launch, when using multiple Monitors – After installing the latest Windows 10 update version 21H1, you may experience some issues when using AR3S Pro 184.108.40.206. Microsoft points out some general Known Issues with the aforementioned version in this article. The AR3S Pro Server application will not start unless it is launched on the primary screen. This problem occurs when multiple monitors are connected and in use. The workaround for this problem is to launch and use the AR3S Pro Server application on the primary monitor only. Which monitor is your primary screen, if you have more than one connected, can usually be checked in the settings of your device.
- Black Screen appears if User Folder is present – It can happen that AR3S Pro displays a black screen if the User Folder is located on the server (e.g. your PC). The reason for this is that it contains a file from an older AR3S Pro version, which is not compatible with the new AR3S Pro version. One solution to the problem is to delete the entire User Folder and its contents. You should be able to locate this folder under the path '...\AppData\LocalLow\Holo-Light Gmbh'.