The AR3S Asset Creator gives you a quick and easy way to get your files import-ready for our augmented engineering software.
- Unity 2019.4.x (LTS) with the following installed packages:
- Windows Build Support (IL2CPP)
- UWP Build Support (.NET)
- (Unity Hub -> Installs -> Add Modules)
- Visual Studio Community 2019 with the following installed packages:
- (Visual Studio Installer -> Modify)
How to Create Fast Loadable AssetBundles
- Launch Unity Hub and open the ARES Asset Creator project which you can obtain from our GitHub Repository
- Inside the project navigate to main.scene
- Provide a supported file format (namely .fbx, .obj, .prefab) for your target file and copy it into the folder ARES.SourceFiles
- Select your target asset and click on the inspector (right side) on the tab Model and enable the property Read/Write enabled
- Give your AssetBundle file a new name
- Right-click on your asset and select Export Asset to ARES Basic or Export Asset to ARES Pro
- After some processing time, you will find your AR3S ready file in Assets/ARES.Export/...
This tool uses Unity's AssetBundles which always consist of two components (file + .manifest). Please copy and paste both files to AR3S.
How to Combine Multiple Objects into One
- Drag and drop your target 3D file into the scene by right-clicking on the option and choosing the Unpack Prefab Completely option in the menu
- Add the component Mesh Combiner to the root object or subassemblies (one or multiple)
- Select the target root object and then choose and click on the HoloLight tab on Grouped Selected Object
- Create a Unity Prefab by dragging and dropping the Gameobject of the hierarchy window down into the project folder window
- Proceed as described in the previous chapter How to Create Fast Loadable AssetBundles by selecting your target asset and clicking on the inspector (right side) on the tab Mode and enable the property Read/Write enabled