Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with AR3S Pro 18.104.22.168. It was published in September 2021 and is now available on Microsoft Store (Client) and Download Center (Server). This release is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals as well as our product roadmap.
Note: With the release of AR3S Basic 22.214.171.124, the version number of AR3S Pro Server was adjusted to AR3S Pro Server 126.96.36.199 (the previous version was 188.8.131.52) to reinforce the affiliation and reduce confusion. Due to technical reasons, however, the version number of the corresponding AR3S Pro Client was changed to 2021.0.0.0.
The 184.108.40.206 Update is the fourth larger iterative version of AR3S Pro. Its primary focus are Object Import, Management as well as Interaction.
NEW – Introduced Left Hand Quick-Tools menu for providing quicker access to common functionalities
NEW – Added new Measurement Modes that can measure distances as well as angles
NEW – Added new Interaction functionality for creating an adjustable Exploded View of 3D models
NEW – Added USD file format importer for loading USD files (.usd) in AR3S PRO
NEW – Added Imperial unit system for Measurement system
IMPROVED – Welcome screen was provided with an additional button for immediately jumping to the meeting menu
IMPROVED – Toggling system of the Manipulation Mode has been reworked to make every option accessible with one click
IMPROVED – Toggling system of the Selection Mode has been reworked to make every option accessible with one click
IMPROVED – Select Tool is extended with a new Selection Mode (Select Root) and a new Selection Button (Select All)
IMPROVED – Default initial size of all Cross Section Tools (Cube, Sphere, Plane) has been increased to improve reachability and manipulation
IMPROVED – Enable Absolute Normals option allows users to adjust the direction of Normals if imported model is displayed with inverted or negative values
IMPROVED – Visibility of the Scene Origin Point and Axis of the working space can now be enabled and disabled
IMPROVED – Selection Cube now disappears and reappears only when user is dropping the object
IMPROVED – Participants in meetings can now hide/show the complete avatar of the attendees or only show the hands while hiding the rest of the body
IMPROVED – Main Menu position has been lowered to improve visibility and interaction
IMPROVED – Default status of Auto-receive Shared Files option has been set to ON
IMPROVED – Realign Origin and Settings icons have been enlarged for easier interaction
IMPROVED – Several icons (e.g. Cross Section, Measurements) have been replaced with new ones
IMPROVED – New Selected Object visual effect with higher details
As part of our mission we continuously aim to improving AR3S Pro. And bugs are no exceptions. Based on feedback from users, partners and internal developers the following bugs have been squashed.
FIXED – Import of multiple files at the same time results in only one file completing the loading and the remaining files staying in loading status
FIXED – After having completed the loading, imported files are misplaced inside the loading cube
FIXED – JT files with LOD set to minimum in some cases would not complete the loading process
FIXED – OBJ files import could not be loaded because of a Material Assignment exception
FIXED – OBJ files in some cases are loaded without materials
FIXED – Mirror Axis option in the application settings for importers in some cases is ignored during file import
FIXED – Meeting connection using specific IP address and/or IP Port could fail with generic error message
FIXED – The application does not start when the workstation or the Hololens 2 device are set to some specific Regional Settings for countries like France and Poland
Below you will find a list of known issues. These issues are defined as bugs, or at times missing features, that is known to the development team and are being actively investigated or developed.
- Faulty Measurements when switching between Unit systems – All distances and angles measured before switching Unit system between Metric and Imperial are not automatically converted to the new setting. Only new measurements are affected.
- Exploded View is automatically reset when user operates the Exploded View menu again – To preserve model assembly integrity, all changes and manipulations applied to a model during the steps of the Exploded View are atomically reset as soon as the user operates again some functionality of the Exploded View menu. The only preserved changes are the ones related to the explosion steps, axis constraints and distance factor.
- Near Interaction is sometimes not working properly – In some cases, near interaction while using Manipulation Modes like Move, Rotate or Scale could behave in a unpleasant manner for the user if they are visualizing the operational gizmos with two of the axis partially overlaying.
- Tools accessed through Left-Hand Quick-Menu remain visible after deleting objects – In the current implementation, Manipulation and Selection tools accessible through Left-Hand Quick-Menu, in some cases, can be activated and deactivated with a different logic than the standard Interaction Menu. For example: Bounding Box and Grab could remain visible after an object has been removed, the user must disable the functionality directly form the Left-Hand Quick-Menu.
- Local Multi-User uses different Broadcast Port – Default broadcast port for Local Multi-User is now set to 12346. However, for clients having already configured their Firewall rules to previous default port (18238), it is still possible to change the port in the application configuration.
- AR3S PRO Application Start window is very small – Users starting AR3S PRO Server in their secondary computer screen could experience the application to start in a small application window than when starting it in the primary computer screen.