Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with ISAR SDK 184.108.40.206 It was published in February 2021 and available on Holo-Light's GitHub page. This release is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals as well as our product roadmap.
As part of our mission we continuously aim to improving ISAR SDK. And bugs are no exceptions. Based on feedback from users, partners and internal developers the following bugs have been squashed.
NEW – ISAR is now using XRSDK for Unity Integration
NEW – ISAR supports Single Pass rendering for increased performance
NEW – Client is now based on a Windows Runtime Component and written in C# to allow customization in the future
IMPROVED – QR Code tracking has been revamped
Below you will find a list of known issues. These issues are defined as bugs, or at times missing features, that is known to the development team and are being actively investigated or developed.
- Sometimes a green line is visible at the bottom border of the screen – Occasionally when connecting the ISAR Client to a server that has been build as UWP in Visual Studio, a green line can be seen at the bottom border of the HoloLens screen.
- Client cannot re-connect to the server when client window was closed during connection attempt – It is not possible to re-connect the client to the server when during a connection attempt the client window on the HoloLens device was closed. Restarting the client does unfortunately not solve this behavior. The server needs to be re-started in order to re-connect again.
- Sometimes the user's hands are not visible in the Unity Editor – When setting up ISAR in Unity and connecting the client to the server, the user's hands are not displayed when starting the project directly after importing without restarting Unity first. Even though re-starting the client does not solve this issue, re-starting the server seems to correct the behavior.
- Sometimes the client cannot connect to the server in the Unity Editor – When setting up ISAR in Unity it is not possible to establish a connection between client and server if the project is started directly after importing without re-starting Unity first. Even though re-starting the client does not solve this issue, re-starting the server seems to correct the behavior.
- ISAR SDK is not compatible with MRTK 2.6 – After updating or integrating MRTK 2.6 into ISAR the Input is not working anymore.
- Signaling messages cannot be parsed by XML parser – In rare cases the server receives corrupted signaling messages which cannot be parsed by the XML parser.
- TextureCamera for Live Stream causes performance issues – The TextureCamera which shows the Live Stream is causing performance issues. This can be observed by setting up an ISAR project, importing the Overlay and putting the TextureCamera as a child of the MainCamera. During Runtime the frame rates are increasing/decreasing significantly when deactivating/activating.
- Window Scaling in Build Version with ISAR renders the screen wrong – When creating a build of a project using ISAR that allows to rescale the window, the screen is rendered wrongly upon rescaling the window of the running app.
- Hand Palm Up event has lower fidelity that without ISAR – When using the Hand Palm Up Solver from the MRTK in ISAR it has a lower fidelity than without ISAR. Particularly, the MRTK version without ISAR recognizes the palm in various states of hand rotation. For the ISAR version to recognize the gesture, the hand needs to be in a very specific angle (facing the user straight, then inclining the hand a little towards the user).