Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with ISAR Client 188.8.131.52 for HoloLens 2. It was published in March 2021 and is available on Microsoft Store. This release is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals as well as our product roadmap.
NEW – Audio Output is now transmitted to the client device. All Audio played on the server can be heard
NEW – Internal Custom send function for easier integration of new capabilities
NEW – The resolution settings and enabling stereo rendering option can be set via a config file
NEW – Minor Backend changes to support upcoming Android client
IMPROVED – Connection Process is stabilized
IMPROVED – Gesture recognition bugs fixed
As part of our mission we continuously aim to improving ISAR SDK and its client applications. And bugs are no exceptions. Based on feedback from users, partners and internal developers the following bugs have been squashed.
FIXED – Documentation needs to be updated
FIXED – Signaling messages cannot be parsed by XML parser
FIXED – Safe Handle in QrApi throws exception when calling ProcessMessages() after ConnectionHandle has been closed
FIXED – Hand Palm Up event has lower fidelity than without ISAR
FIXED – Exceptions in nested Coroutines cause crash (even with try/catch)
Below you will find a list of known issues. These issues are defined as bugs, or at times missing features, that is known to the development team and are being actively investigated or developed.
- Cannot re-connect client when re-starting ISAR in Unity – An error message can be seen in the console reading "numberOfBytesRead != lengthBuffer.Length" and the camera isn't moving when the device is moved. This behaviour occurs after starting the project in Unity by pressing Play for the second time. Both times a connection with a device had to be established.
- Sometimes Unity gets unresponsive after disconnecting Android client before stopping server – Unity sometimes gets unresponsive and needs to be shut down within the Task Manager after disconnecting an Android client and closing the Android client app before stopping the server in Unity.
- Touch functionality is not working in HDRP
- Class ISAR does not set initial Connection State in constructor – When the constructor of the ISAR base class is called, it attaches to the OnConnectionStateChanged event, but does not set the initial connection state, potentially assuming that all ISAR objects are created before the connection is established. This behavior disallows to create ISAR objects after connection and, if doing so, prevents the Dispose() function from being called, which is a probable candidate for being the culprit of app and editor crashes.
- Unity Editor freezes when connecting to ISAR while in a Teams Call – When using ISAR in the Unity Editor while being in a Teams Call, the editor freezes upon connection, the view on the device (HoloLens 2) does NOT become immersive and the user has to forcefully stop and restart the editor to continue working.
- No Loopback Audio available in UWP build – When connecting a client to a UWP build there is no Loopback audio audible on the client devices. Only audio from the microphone can be heard. A VB-Cable can be used as a possible workaround.
- Communication Audio Device needs to be Unity Audio Output Device – ISAR's Loopback gets the audio of the Standard Communication Audio Output Device while Unity sends sound to the Default Communication Device. The Implication is that sound is not audible if the Standard Communication Device is not the same as the Current Output Device.
- Unity crashes when the ISAR XR plugin is imported to the project but disabled
- Sometimes a green line is visible at the bottom border of the screen – Occasionally when connecting the ISAR Client to a server that has been build as UWP in Visual Studio, a green line can be seen at the bottom border of the HoloLens screen.
- Client cannot re-connect to the server when Client window was closed during connection attempt – It is not possible to re-connect the client to the server when during a connection attempt the client window on the HoloLens device was closed. Restarting the client does unfortunately not solve this behavior. The server needs to be re-started in order to re-connect again.
- Sometimes the user's hands are not visible in the Unity Editor – When setting up ISAR in Unity and connecting the client to the server, the user's hands are not displayed when starting the project directly after importing without restarting Unity first. Even though re-starting the client does not solve this issue, re-starting the server seems to correct the behavior.
- Sometimes the client cannot connect to the server in the Unity Editor – When setting up ISAR in Unity it is not possible to establish a connection between client and server if the project is started directly after importing without re-starting Unity first. Even though re-starting the client does not solve this issue, re-starting the server seems to correct the behavior.
- ISAR SDK is not compatible with MRTK 2.6 – After updating or integrating MRTK 2.6 into ISAR the Input is not working anymore.
- TextureCamera for Live Stream causes performance issues – The TextureCamera which shows the Live Stream is causing performance issues. This can be observed by setting up an ISAR project, importing the Overlay and putting the TextureCamera as a child of the MainCamera. During Runtime the frame rates are increasing/decreasing significantly when deactivating/activating.
- Window Scaling in Build Version with ISAR renders the screen wrong – When creating a build of a project using ISAR that allows to rescale the window, the screen is rendered wrongly upon rescaling the window of the running app.