AR3S PRO AMI Machine Images and Management Console
AWS Management Console – Setup
- Follow this link: https://aws.amazon.com/de/console/ and enter your personal login credentials to access the AWS Management Console
- Navigate to Menu Point Services/EC2 and click on Instances on the side bar
- Click in the upper right corner where it says Launch instances
- Search for the AR3S Pro (formerly known as ARES Pro) Cloud Server
- First click Select and then Continue
- After that you will be prompted to choose your Instance Size
- We recommend the option g4dn.2xlarge
- Please refrain from using g3 Instances
- Afterwards press Next to configure Instance Details
- Press Next again to add Storage
- Adjust the size of the Hard Drive on the Data you will upload
- Keep in mind that 20GB is needed for the image alone
- Click Next to add Tags and then Next once again to configure Security Groups
- The default settings of the latter should be fine
- From there press Review and Launch respectively
- Choose Create a new Key Pair, name the resulting file and download it
- Please remember to save it as you will need it later to access the instance
- Press Launch Instance and navigate back to Services/EC2
- Click on instances(running)
- Ideally, your instance should now be running
- In the beginning it will read Initializing – wait until the status check turns green and says 2/2 successfull
- This procedure may take a few minutes, so please be patient
- You are also able to see the IUP in the following Menu:
- Now download AR3S Pro to your HoloLens 2 from the Microsoft Store or our Download Center
- Enter the IP Adress of the instance(★) and press connect
AWS Management Console – Shutdown
You might want to shut down the instance when you do not need it at the moment, in order to save costs. Be assured that your files will not be deleted.
- Right-click on the instance and choose Stop instance from the menu
- You can simpy re-activate the instance by simply right-slicking once again and clicking Start instance
AWS Management Console – Uploading Files
- Download and install Filezilla
- Go to Services/EC2 in your AWS Management Console and right-click on the instance of AR3S Pro Cloud Server
- Click on Security to get your Windows Password
- Click on Browse and upload the file you downloaded when creating the instance
- Press Decrypt Password next and you will get a password(▲) that grants you access to the windows
- Open Filezilla and on the Top Bar enter the following phrases:
- Host: "The Public IP Adress of the instance you also enter in AR3S Pro(★)"
- Username: "Administrator"
- Password: "The Password we just retreived(▲)"
- Port: 22
- Afterwards press Quickconnect and confirm the following Pop-up Window
- On the left side you can see your local data. Files are uploaded to the instance by dragging and dropping them to the right side. As soon as the files are uploaded, you can upload them to the HoloLens in AR3S Pro.
What is AR3S PRO AMI?
One of the major issues many XR developers and end users face, is the limited computing and graphics power of mobile devices. As performance is limited, the visualization of 3D content in AR/VR is also restricted. The quality and richness of effects ...
How to Manage Instances in AR3S PRO AMI
How-To Steps AWS Management Console – Starting an Instance On the left side menu navigate to Instances Right-click on the instance you want to start Select Start Instance from the menu AWS Management Console – Stopping an Instance You might want to ...
AR3S Pro 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
AR3S Pro was formerly known as ARES PRO. Below you will find all the latest changes being introduced with AR3S Pro 184.108.40.206. It was published in February 2021 and is focused on feedback we’ve received from users via our Feedback and Support Portals ...
Licensing Management Portal
AR3S and AR3S Pro were formerly known as ARES and ARES Pro. In the Licensing Management portal you can find your license key, which allows you to benefit from the full functionality of AR3S. Please refer to this guide if you would like to license ...
What is AR3S Pro?
AR3S Pro was formerly known as ARES Pro. AR3S Pro is the server-based version of our Augmented Reality Spatial Software Solution AR3S and enables the unlimited visualization of complex 3D CAD models in highest quality via remote rendering. AR3S ...