Transferring Files to Microsoft HoloLens 2
AR 3S was formerly known as ARES.
To be able to manipulate your CAD files in AR 3S you first transfer them onto the Microsoft HoloLens 2. And there are several methods to achieve this goal.
Please refer to this guide for instructions on how to upload files within AR 3S. If you need more information on the Windows Device Portal for Microsoft HoloLens 2, please refer to the official documentation provided by Microsoft.
File Types Supported by AR 3S
.jt (version 8.1 to 9.5)
- .gltf/ .glb (binary version)
- Video – .mp4, .avi, .m4v,.mov, .wmv
- Documents – .pdf
- Images – .jpg, .png, .bmp
File Types Supported by AR 3S Pro
In addition to the file types listed above, the following file types are supported in AR 3S Pro.
- Siemens – JT (8.x - 10.x), NX(.prt), Solid Edge (.asm, .par, .psm)
- Dassault Systems – Catia v5 (.cat, .catpart), SolidWorks (.sldasm, .sldprt)
- Autodesk – Inventor (.iam, .ipt)
Transferring Data via USB/USB-C Cable
Please connect your HoloLens 2 to your PC with a compatible USB cable, if you want to make use of this method.
- Access your File Explorer and your HoloLens device should be displayed
- Open your HoloLens folder and navigate to subfolder "3D Objects"
- Drag and drop your desired objects from your PC to the aforementioned folder
- Once the transfer was successful, you should be able to load your model in the AR 3S application
Transferring Data via Windows Device Portal
This method makes use of Wi-Fi, so please ensure that there is a stable internet connection available and your PC as well as HoloLens 2 are connected to the same network.
- Access the Windows Device Portal and select menu point "System" on the side bar
- Navigate to "File Explorer" and select subfolder "3D Objects"
- Scroll down to the heading called "Upload a file to this directory"
- Select the desired file on your device and click on "Upload"
To be able to use your own 3D CAD models in AR 3S, you are required to have an active valid license. If you are using AR 3S in demo mode, you can only access default demo files.
Transferring Files to Server Device
AR 3S and AR 3S Pro were formerly known as ARES and ARES Pro. Working with 3D CAD models is one of the most important aspects of AR 3S. And to be able to manipulate your CAD files in AR 3S Pro, you first have to make the files available to your ...
AR 3S was formerly known as ARES. This menu is for the management of Files. In particular, it is used for importing and removing files as well as creating and saving spaces. Furthermore, all objects loaded in the current session are listed here. ...
AR 3S was formerly known as ARES. The File Browser enables users to search for specific files in their own folder structures in order to import them into AR 3S. How-to Steps Accessing the File Browser via Welcome Panel Launch the AR 3S app and have ...
Loading a File
AR 3S was formerly known as ARES. Working with 3D objects is one of the most important aspects of AR 3S. For this reason, there are several ways to import your own files to incorporate the import as smoothly as possible into your workflow. If you are ...
Uploading Files to AR 3S Pro Cloud
AR 3S Pro Cloud was formerly known as ARES Pro Cloud. Working with 3D CAD models is one of the most important aspects of AR 3S. And to be able to manipulate your CAD files in AR 3S Pro Cloud, you first have to make the files available to your own ...