AR3S was formerly known as ARES.
It is important to us to constantly improve our products in order to provide our users with the best possible working experience. For this reason, we regularly release updated versions of our AR3S applications with new features and fixes.
Updating AR3S is very simple and done via the Microsoft Store on your Microsoft HoloLens 2 or by downloading the application through our download center.
We strongly recommend to fully delete and re-install AR3S when updating – especially when new features have been added. This ensures that files aren't cached locally that may impact performance or user experience.
Updating AR3S via Microsoft Store
- Access the Microsoft Store (for Business)
- Tap on the icon in the upper right where you can see all available updates
- Select "AR3S" and then "Update"
Updating AR3S via Holo-Light's Download Center
- De-install the current AR3S version on your HoloLens 2 device
- Go to Holo-Light's download center and download the latest version
- Please refer to this guide on how to install AR3S to your HoloLens 2